The blade, called a mixing knife, in a TM5 is engineered with a safety break point outside the bowl, so the pressure required to break the knife will break the shaft before the blade. This is a safety feature so the blades in a TM5 do not have any pieces that could break free. If the motor is moving but the blades are not, a new mixing knife is needed, call Customer Service at 888-867-9375 for next steps.
- Is it possible for food to burn and stick on the bottom of a Thermomix mixing bowl?
- Is the blade/mixing knife in a TM5 susceptible to breaking into pieces?
- What does error code C561 mean?
- What if the reverse mode, scale, or modes goes on and off at random while cooking with the Thermomix? Does this mean the Thermomix is broken and needs to be replaced?
- What if the scale in a TM5 is not working properly? (This could be the scale jumping from 0 to max, the weight fluctuating without additional ingredients, or the weight amount doesn’t seem right.)